We’ve been notified by Failte Ireland of an extension to the Adaptation Fund for pubs; hopefully this will be of use to you. Please feel free to share.
The Adaptation Fund – Pubs: The Adaptation Fund remains open to all pubs. There is a new deadline of December 18th at 5pm and is open to first time applications. See overview below.
- Pubs did not have to reopen in 2020 but give an undertaking to do so in 2021.
- There is no requirement to compete a pre-eligibility check. The application form is visible on the Trade Portal. https://tradeportal.failteireland.ie/ – Select Funding option
- Any pub business who started their application form after 23rd November will have changes to their form.
More information on: https://www.failteireland.ie/covid-19-adaptation-fund.aspx
The Failte Ireland Adaptation Fund has been re-opened to new applications from pubs. This is being done primarily to accommodate those pubs that were not able to open due to Government restrictions, but all pubs will be eligible to apply if they have not done so already. Funding of up to €2.5k is available for pubs serving food and €1.5k for those not serving food.
The closing date for applications for pubs only is 5pm on 18 December 2020.
Please note some important points
- Pubs must have one of the eligible licences under the Guidelines for the Adaptation Fund: Publican’s Licence – 7-day ordinary, 6-day or 6-day & early closing
- Pubs do not need to have re-opened in 2020 in order to apply. All pubs including those not able to re-open so far in 2020 due to Government restrictions are now eligible to apply. However, any pub which applies must have incurred adaptation costs for re-opening, and declare that they will re-open when permitted to do so by the Government.
- Pubs do not need to have completed adaptation work at the time of application – businesses can show evidence of costs incurred, including invoices and images of items purchased but not yet delivered. Please note quotations are not acceptable.
- Pubs do not need to have completed the Safety Charter to apply for the Adaptation Fund – they will need to have signed up to the Charter and complete it within 3 months of receiving any grant.
- If a pub has already lodged an application for funding under the Adaptation Fund they need do nothing else. Their application is currently being processed and payment will be made in November/ early December.
How to apply
To apply, businesses should go to the Fáilte Ireland Trade Portal and indicate their interest as ‘Adaptation Fund’. The Customer Care team will be in contact as soon as possible.
If businesses have any queries, they should contact our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org